Registration Link: https://event-registrations.airprojects.org/events/relsw/2020/supporting-college-enrollment-and-completion-for-students-with-disabilities
Description: Join REL Southwest for a free webinar on the importance of providing targeted services for students with disabilities to transition to and be successful in postsecondary education. In this interactive webinar, Trey Miller, Ph.D., REL Southwest researcher and director of the Texas Schools Project at University of Texas Dallas, will share the results of his new study, College Enrollment and Completion Among High School Graduates With Disabilities from REL Southwest. Afterward, Tessie Bailey, Ph.D., director of the PROGRESS Center at the American Institutes for Research, will present on supports that students with disabilities need to transition to and succeed at four-year universities and other postsecondary institutions. The webinar will also feature a panel discussion with directors from programs designed to support students with disabilities at four-year universities, including Aggie ACHIEVE at Texas A&M University, Sooner Works at University of Oklahoma, and EMPOWER at University of Arkansas.
Audience: The primary audience for this webinar includes a broad national audience of researchers, professors, special education administrators, offices from postsecondary institutions, and postsecondary-serving state agencies, as well as principals, instructional coaches, teachers, district superintendents, and state education staff.
- Trey Miller, Ph.D., REL Southwest researcher and director of the Texas Schools Project at University of Texas Dallas
- Tessie Bailey, Ph.D., director, PROGRESS Center at AIR
- Olivia Hester, Ph.D., program director, Aggie ACHIEVE at Texas A&M University
- Mindy Lingo, Ph.D., BCBA, assistant director, Sooner Works Program at University of Oklahoma
- Ashley Bradley, M.S., director, EMPOWER Program at University of Arkansas