Join the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub for the webinar, Strengthening Capacity to Implement Culturally Responsive Practices, on September 25, 2019 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm-ET.
The webinar will explore issues related to the intersectionality of social, economic, and environmental dynamics and culturally responsive practices effective for broadening participation in STEM. NSF INCLUDES Network members will share lessons learned from implementing their NSF INCLUDES projects in environments with limited access to resources within both urban and rural settings.
- Sarah Riley, First2 STEM Network
- Timberley Roane, Building a Network for Education and Employment in Environmental Stewardship of Indigenous Lands
- Natasha Smith-Walker, Project SYSTEMIC (A Systems-Thinking Approach to STEM Ecosystem Development in Chicago)
- Consider challenges to and solutions for improving equity and broadening participation in STEM among diverse groups of students enrolled in learning institutions with limited resources
- Learn about culturally responsive strategies INCLUDES members used to increase equity and expand access to STEM learning opportunities
- Share resources to support implementing culturally responsive approaches that improve equitable access to STEM learning opportunities for all students