Join APLU and public university leaders for a special Pride Month celebration on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 from 12:00-1:15pm EDT. A diverse panel of LGBTQ+ public university presidents, a faculty member, and a student leader will reflect on their own journeys in higher education, describe challenges they have faced, and explore the role of allies in affirming their identity.
The panelists will also explore the role of inclusive programming, messaging, and visibility on campus and how that impacts the experience of LGTBTQ+ students, faculty and staff. Register now to help APLU and our members celebrate Pride Month by showcasing the work of LGBTQ+ leaders in higher education.
Attendees will be able to ask questions during the webinar or by submitting them during the registration process.
• Ana Mari Cauce, President, University of Washington
• Alan Shepard, President, Western University
• D-L Stewart, Professor, Colorado State University, and President, Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE)
• Lamar Richards, Student Body President, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Matt Renn, Data Analyst, APLU and the Coalition of Urban Serving Universities (Moderator)
Jun 22, 2021 12:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)