The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub hosted the first NSF INCLUDES National Network Convening in Alexandria, Virginia on May 29 and May 30. The two days were packed with inspiring keynotes, informative concurrent sessions and several opportunities to network, participate and learn from one another to grow the richness of the NSF INCLUDES National Network. All of the materials are now available in the NSF INCLUDES Library and linked below. You will need to login to the site to access the materials, if you need assistance logging in or activating your account please contact us!
Want to know how Network members are broadening participation in STEM? Explore the collection of Convening attendee posters by browsing by project and follow the links to the individual posters.
Want to be inspired? You can view the two keynotes from the convening here:
Review the plenaries to learn more about NSF INCLUDES and other broadening participation in STEM initiatives from NSF, federal agencies, and funders.
You can explore the rich information shared during each of the concurrent sessions here:
- Advancing Equity in Collective Impact, Presenters: Sheri Brady, Aspen Institute Form for Community Solutions and Junious Williams, The Collective Impact Forum
- Avenues for Collaboration in the INCLUDES Network to Increase Access to STEM Career Pathways, Presenters: Cathy Mader, IGEN Alliance and Travis York, ASPIRE Alliance
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Backbones, Presenter: Jennifer Juster, The Collective Impact Forum
- Culturally Responsive Evaluation: Learning from Practice, Presenters: Katrina Bledsoe, Education Development Center and Gabriela Garcia, Education Development Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Exclusion? Considering Ability in Your Work to Broaden Participation in the INCLUDES National Network, Presenters: Chris Atchison, University of Cincinnati and Sheryl Burgstahler, University of Washington
- Partnerships for Sustainability and Scale, Presenters: Ann Gates, Computing Alliance for Hispanic Serving Institutions (CAHSI) and Elizabeth Hall, CAHSI
- Defining and Contributing to Shared Measurement, Presenters: Gary Silverstein, Westat, Brad Keller, Westat, and Robert Roach, Equal Measure
- Inclusive Practices in Stakeholder Engagement, Presenter: Chekemma Fulmore-Townsend, Philadelphia Youth Network
- Strengthening Your Voice for STEM Equity: How to Sharpen your Story for Impact, Presenters: Seth Klukoff, Equal Measure and Patricia Schank, Digital Promise
Have questions? Want to share your thoughts? Leave us a comment!