Please join the discussion! On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 2:00 pm ET, the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) is hosting a Listening and Learning session: LGBTQI+ Voices in Education Research. The purpose of this session is to discuss the high-priority education research needs of the LGBTQI+ communities as well as the career development of LGBTQI+ education researchers. Register here.
The session includes a brief introduction by IES and the Office of Civil Rights, followed by a panel and open discussion. Panelists include:
- Ed Brockenbrough, University of Pennsylvania
- Joseph Kosciw, GLSEN Research Institute
- Catherine Lugg, Rutgers University
- Elizabeth Meyer, University of California Boulder
- Myeshia Price, The Trevor Project
- Mario Suarez, Utah State University
- George Wimberly, American Educational Research Association
The overall goal of the IES Listen and Learn series is to broaden participation in research grant programs as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) in education research. For more information, please visit https://ies.ed.gov/funding/listeningsessions.asp or contact IESVirtualTA@ed.gov.